Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Snow!!

Immediately after I purchased my macro lens I started looking for prime snowflakes for pictures. Up until today I had not been able to create anything worthwhile.

So many of the flakes start to melt before you can set the focus, even with multiple pictures blended together I was unable to get the full image in focus.

(these pictures look best when enlarged, so do yourself a favor and click on the image)

Out of the few that hadn't already melted, most were covered with bits of other flakes, resulting in a cool, but far from perfect image.


This next one is the closest I came to the perfect picture. Its still missing a small slice of focus near the center, but looks good enough for my first day.



My next image probably should have commanded the title of the post.

How often do you catch a building mid explosion?!?!


As you guessed, I never have. This is just a over done HDR image of a tree covered in snow. It was already fairly dark, so the longest exposure was over two seconds.


As for the expansion of this blogs mediums of art, I probably won't post anything except pictures, more pictures, and highly photo-shopped pictures. Its been nearly a dozen years since I have been happy with a drawing, painting, or sculpture. Sometimes I feel like photography is just a cheater's way into the art world, but if I'm cheating, might as well do it right. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word these are absolutely gorgeous!!!! I want to hang that in my house...the snowflake one!!!

    ReplyDelete