Thursday, February 23, 2012

Moss and Photoshop

So, for those who may be following this blog, I was just invited to contribute!

I'm up at USU for this last semester before my mission studying mechanical engineering. I really enjoy photography, but am still miles away from being a professional. Most of my shots will be either nature or abstract macro. I find it very difficult to capture people. There is something special about nature, from the majestic mountains to the insignificant insect.

Do you remember as a kid being able to step through the smallest of barriers, cross a stream, jump a log, or turn a corner and suddenly seem in a whole new world, able to be alone, to play and imagine without restraint?

The world is different past those barriers, it was just how we imagined it. We could be heroes, kings, queens, scholars. The world was ripe for the plucking.

The ability to see the world in our own way is something we all need to recapture.
That shot was taken in the redwood forest, its some new trees growing off a fallen giant. I hope some of my intros aren't too much for the photo, I just want to help convey what was going on in my mind.

Occasionally I will post pictures that have been more than highly photoshopped, this happens mostly because I failed at capturing my idea, but still needed to get the image out of my head.


This shot is a faked refraction shot, to do this I took some macro shots of water's surface tension and compiled them into a bubble, then inserted the tree. I do have some awesome refraction shots I'm saving for later, but this is the best I could do at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment