Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Railyards

A picture's worth a thousand words, and all these are worth a thousand rockets.

Not to steal any of Josh's thunder, I decided to take a trip down to the ol' Union Station and take a few pictures. In school I did a few photo shoots there, and I really like the setting there. This time I tried to focus less on the trains themselves and took more pictures of the surrounding elements and the like. I inevitably took a few pictures of the burned out rail car in the back as it is always a point on interest to me. I've got to say, this little Olympus 14mp point and shoot is doing a great job, mostly due to the super-macro setting and the 12.5x optical zoom. I've only had it for a few weeks and I already have hundreds of great pictures from it.

Enjoy the pics,
Nelson

Here's the burnt out rail car, there was some dust on the lens and it really shows up in the shot.

The top of one of the old 55 gallon drums.

These wheels are huge, there almost as tall as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment